What is Maxillofacial Surgery?
The field of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery is a surgical specialty that provides a wide array of services to patients with problems that range from advanced stage dental infections to head and neck malignancies. This field focuses on reconstructive surgery of face, facial trauma surgery and facial cosmetic surgery. It involves operations to correct diseases, injuries and defects of your face, jaw, or mouth. Maxillofacial surgeons are advanced specialists who diagnose and treat problems with :
- Bones and tissues of your jaw and lower face (maxillofacial area)
- Roof of your mouth (palate)
Who are Maxillofacial Surgeons?
Maxillofacial surgeons are advanced specialists who diagnose and surgically treat diseases, injuries, and defects involving the face, mouth, and jaw. They are extensively trained and experienced for –
- Facial Injury and Trauma Surgery
- Oral, Head, and Neck Cancer Treatment
- Cleft Lip and Palate Surgery
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery
- TMJ Disorder and Facial Pain Management
- Dental Pain Management
- Dental Implant Surgery
- Wisdom teeth management and extraction
Why is Maxillofacial Surgery done?
- Treating injuries related to trauma to your face, jaw and mouth.
- Treating temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorders that affect the area where your lower jaw attaches to your skull
- Diagnosing and treating cancers
- Bone grafting, or transplanting bone from another area of the body to replace bone that’s missing in your jaw
- Reconstructing your jaw to correct an abnormal bite
- Diagnosing and relieving dental pain
- Placing dental implants and prostheses (such as dentures)
- Removing impacted teeth
- Treat oral diseases
Skip The Waiting Room!
Register Online Before You Arrive.
OPD Clinics hours are Monday to Saturday 9AM to 2PM and 5PM to 7PM.
HERE ARE OUR DOCTORS THAT CAN HELP YOU
Need some advice from our experts?
Request a Call Back Today Now!
We will make a single attempt to contact you from a withheld number, usually within 24 hours of your request.